Although the sauna or the steam bath is a treatment that’s been popular for a long time, nonetheless there are still those who experience skin burning, heart attacks, and even death. It can occur due to the way the use of the sauna.
According to the results of research, most of the burns that occur due to accidentally touch the heater or other heat source in the sauna. Heart attacks often occur because someone who has heart disease experiencing a drastic temperature change, such as exposed to cold water after getting out of the sauna.
Normal human body temperature is set at 37 ° C and increases in core temperature of the body be 40.5 ° C is a serious medical emergency. Death can occur if someone is experiencing extreme heat exposure due too long sits in the sauna.
Therefore, to avoid dangerous risks that can occur while in the sauna, then it would be better if you follow some tips do sauna here.
The day before the sauna
In the days before undergoing sauna, you have to follow some of the following tips:
- If you have certain medical conditions, get a doctor’s approval to do the sauna.
- Make sure a good hydration for at least three consecutive days before the sauna. This also includes the reduction of caffeine and the restoration of electrolytes. Drinking water is sterile when you wake up and Your activity throughout the day. Don’t wait until you are thirsty, because it means you are already dehydrated. Two liters of water per day is a good amount. This amount varies depending on where you live and your lifestyle.
- Make sure you sleep well, at least a few nights before your first sauna. If you are experiencing a sense of tired, it will get worse when the sauna.
- The consumption of healthy oils, such as olive oil, fish oil, coconut oil, ghee and is good for the health. This is required for protecting and building cell membranes, and protect your brain.
- Eat with regular three days before.
Ahead of the signing in sauna
Before going into the sauna, engage in some of the following preparations:
- Drink the liquid electrolyte after waking up on the day you will do.
- Eating a healthy diet for breakfast containing protein, fat, and carbohydrates.
- Do sauna a few hours before his time, because if you sleep late you will awake at night. Although for some people, it will help them sleep.
- Make sure you have enough healthy oils in your body. Good healthy fats to protect cell membranes and brain during the sauna.
- Don’t eat heavy foods for 30-60 minutes before it did.
- Remove all over your clothes in the locker room and wear a towel that has been provided or t-shirts and cotton shorts.
- Go to the toilet if necessary. Dampen the Agency, then pat dry. If necessary, soak feet in warm water.
- Weigh the weight before getting into the sauna, and notice if your weight remains or reduced. If Your reduced means experiencing dehydration.
- You can use the sauna hat can keep your head protected from the heat.
While in the sauna
When you do the sauna, you should do some of the following tips:
- Drink before you are thirsty.
- Either lying down or sitting, try to keep your feet from the floor, especially if the floor is cold. The temperature contrast is not good for your body when the sauna.
- When you sit in the sauna, or press the skin scratch your arms, legs, stomach, and back You slowly. This will stimulate your pores to open more at the time of sauna, so it can improve circulation on the surface of your body. When you sweat, the toxins that are in your body will come out naturally.
- Keep your light to stay lit. Don’t do the sauna in a dark place because it will trigger the parasympathetic nervous system. And it will make You feel like fainting, especially if in the circumstances stand.
- Focus on your breathing. Do abdominal breathing or respiration.
- Notice your body condition. If you already feel stronger, quit in the sauna.
- If you feel dizzy when stand up, stand up slowly, close to the wall or fence.
- The sauna can be performed a maximum of 20 minutes.
After a sauna
You should adjust the temperature of your body heat to the cold temperatures, with some of the following rules:
- Shocking your body from heat to cold is a technique that is effective enough to close the pores back, push your blood to return to the core organs, and strengthen your natural defenses.
- The technique of contrast is not recommended for those new to first do the sauna.
- This contrast technique should not be done for sufferers of asthma and heart disease sufferers, because this technique will be fatal for them.
- Start doing the contrast after doing two or three sessions of sauna for a few weeks.
- Bathing in a tub of cold water is the most effective way, and usually in places where the spa is also doing this.
Things to note
In the case of chronic diseases, the sauna should only be made with the approval of a doctor. The Sauna should be completely avoided by people who have serious heart disease, a serious lung disease, infection, high blood pressure, kidney disease, epilepsy, and abnormalities of the thyroid gland.